The contactless end-effectors (mCL series) are designed for contactless chip side & back side handling of thin and warped wafers, e.g. out of and into a cassette.
Types according to wafer size:
- 150 mm / 6” (end-effector mCL 150)
- 200 mm / 8” (end-effector mCL 200)
- 300 mm / 12” (end-effector mCL 300)
The contactless end-effectors use only Bernoulli airflow (no vacuum). The wafer is hovering on the air cushion 0.2 - 0.3 mm above or below the end-effector and is limited sideways by PEEK-elements.
This end-effector does not require the wafer to be fully planarized. Even warped wafers which are too stiff for other systems can be handled.
- Wafer sizes: 150 mm (6”), 200 mm (8”), 300 mm (12”)
- For thin-wafers > 50 µm (2 mil)
- Warped wafer handling (up to 12 mm warpage)
- Chip side and back side handling
- Contacless handling with Bernoulli airflow
- Wafer detection with capacitive sensing
- Automated quick coupling
- Automated loading and unloading of several mechatronic components
- Antistatic surface